Ultimate Personal Impact (UPI)
In any walk of life one instinctively knows when something is right.
This is the same for an individual in the corporate world. You instinctively know when someone is a great speaker, presenter or sales person. But why? What sets them apart?
The answer is wrapped up in all sorts of behaviours and actions that influence our impression of them.
Whether or not we like them, understand them, empathise with them. Whether or not we 'buy' them.
UPI is different. It provides the delegates with insight into personal behaviours which, if applied to most corporate situations, will markedly improve the results for the individual and therefore the company.
So, the next time you meet someone who is really engaging, someone who is really persuasive, you will know why. You will be able to analyse what is really going on, process the hidden messages and then influence the outcome in your favour.
"Communicate with people in the way in which they communicate with themselves" Benjamin Spock
Sounds simple enough does it not? But is this what we do in everyday life, in our business dealings? The answer for the vast majority of us, the vast majority of the time, is simply no!
Who do we like to be with, share our ideas with, listen to, talk to, and do business with? The answer is people like us, people who 'talk our language,' act like us, think like we do, people who are 'on the same planet', who are 'on the same wavelength.'
"In order to sell your ideas,Your goods or your business, You must first sell yourself" Mark Twain
In today's very unforgiving business world you rarely, if ever get a second chance to make a good first impression. Thus it is of paramount importance that when you get the chance, when giving a presentation or having a meeting, that you know what to say, how to say it and when to say it. That you know what your client wants to hear, wants to see and how to interpret their reactions, which you know how to communicate without uttering a single word.
So the aim of the course is to train each delegate in the art and science of both advanced meeting and presentation masterclass.
The course is split into three parts:
- Now Hear This! - Listening skills. Confirming the difference between listening and hearing. Learning the technique of whole body listening to Level III
- First Impressions - Initial encounters and building rapport. How to behave immediately before a meeting begins; recognition of personal space territories and the advantages to be gained from tactical seating
- Building on First Impressions - Knowing your audience. Recognition that no two audiences are the same and a look at how to analyse and communicate with them effectively
- Their Questions, Your Answers - Finding out the questions your audience would ask and then building the main body of your presentation
- Spicing It Up - Seven ways to use words and phrases that enable your audience to absorb, remember and act upon the vital areas of your presentation
- Catching The Eye - A look at the use of visual aids during presentations. The do's and don'ts of what to use to really impress
- Body Talk - Body language is five times stronger than the spoken word. Your ability to both correctly interpret and understand it is vital to your communication with clients
- Big In, Big Out - How to make maximum impact with both the introduction and conclusion to any presentation
- This, at the climax of the UPI course, is quite simply where it all comes together and we test the theory to see how you will make that Ultimate Personal Impact upon your clients before, during and immediately after your meeting and presentation
The training is delivered with a maximum 1:6 group training to ensure maximum individual delegate participation and coaching.
Cass Business School
"I felt all along that the training was tailored to my particular needs!
"Great stuff! I wish I had known just half of this twenty years ago!"
"To be highly recommended! The most useful course I have been on"